I was nominated by the lovely Kayla over at bookedsolid1989. Thank you so much for the nomination!
-Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
-Answer the seven questions the nomination has provided
-Nominate 7 other bloggers
-Create 7 questions for your nominees
1. What are you most excited about for the end of the year?
I am definitely most excited for the holidays; specifically, I am excited for the music! I’m a singer, and my absolute favorite time of the choral year is coming up. We do some of the best music and the most fun concerts at the holidays. Plus the season is just lovely and cheerful in general, and I’m particularly looking forward to that this year. I can’t wait to see friends and family, and (hopefully) have a good amount of time to relax as well.
2. What book or book series do you love and would recommend to others?
The book that I would recommend the most to others would be my absolute favorite book of all time, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It is such a beautiful and important novel, and something that everyone should read at least once in their lifetime. A book series that I would recommend to others, aside from the obvious ones like Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, would be The Chronicles of Narnia. Okay, so that might be a slightly obvious one too…but it’s one of my favorites! I can’t not mention it! 🙂
3. Who are a few of your favorite authors?
My all-time favorite authors are Arthur Conan Doyle, William Shakespeare, C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Neil Gaiman, and Harper Lee. Some of my semi more recently discovered favorites are Gillian Flynn and Patrick Ness.
4. What is your favorite television series at this time?
I actually don’t watch all that many shows that are still on the air. However, my current favorite television series is definitely Doctor Who, though Sherlock is a very close second. I have been getting into Game of Thrones lately though, so that’s working its way up my favorites list too.
5. If you could spend one day with a fictional character, who would it be?
If I could spend a day with one fictional character, I would choose Sherlock Holmes. Not only is he one of my favorite literary characters, but I also think it would be absolutely amazing to have a chance to accompany him on a case for a day. I’d love to see his deductive skills in action first hand, and maybe even assist him in the investigation. However, I don’t think I could stand him for long periods of time; I’m not nearly as patient as Watson! So one day would be absolutely perfect. Another character I might like to spend the day with would be Mr. Tumnus.
6. Which cover of a book (whether you’ve read it or not) do you absolutely love?
Come on…there was no way I was going to be able to pick just one! 😀
7. Are you currently reading a book? If so, what is it and how are you feeling about it so far?
I am currently working on Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I’m not overly far into it yet, but I am already really liking it; I’m very excited to continue on, and I should have a review up when I’m done!
Michelle @ Book Adventures
Bree @ The Literary Hellion
Liam @ Liam’s Library
Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction
Poppy @ Poppy’s Best of Books
Cherry @ Read Forevermore
Bear @ Book Bear Blog
1. Who are a few of your favorite authors you discovered in 2015?
2. What is your favorite hobby outside of reading?
3. What are two places, one fictional and one real, that you would most like to travel to (or maybe live)?
4. What book or books do you think deserve more recognition?
5. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
6. What are your favorite songs/bands/artists to listen to?
7. What are some of your most anticipated book releases of 2016?