Happy Tuesday, everyone! It’s time for another Top 10 Tuesday list. This is an original weekly blog meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, there is a new bookish topic for bloggers to create a list about. If you want to know more about Top 10 Tuesday, click here!
This week’s Top 10 Tuesday topic is the top ten quotes you loved from books you read in the past year or so. I am so excited about this topic because I absolutely love sharing book quotes and hearing the favorites of other book lovers. Book quotes can be beautiful, powerful, or just plain hilarious! They can touch our lives, provide us with something we need in that moment, whether that is inspiration, hope, or a smile. Whatever they are, it’s a wonderful way to get a brief glimpse at an author’s work and a reader’s taste in literature, and perhaps discover something new.
Brief side note: Today’s post is going to be a bit of a shorter one as my laptop is dead and I am currently losing my battle with the blog app. Also, if anything is a bit wonky with this post, that’s probably why! Things should be back to normal soon; thank you for bearing with me! 🙂
Here are my top favorite quotes from books I’ve recently read!
1. “Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.” ― Marissa Meyer, Cinder
2. “I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else.” ― Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane
3. “That the battles are usually in her head does not lessen the bravery of it. The hardest ones always are.” ― William Ritter, Jackaby
4. “Your mind will believe comforting lies while also knowing the painful truths that make those lies necessary. And your mind will punish you for believing both.” ― Patrick Ness, A Monster Calls
5. “I bet you could sometimes find all the mysteries of the universe in someone’s hand.” ― Benjamin Alire Sáenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
6. “Crime is common. Logic is rare. Therefore it is upon the logic rather than upon the crime that you should dwell.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
7. “Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really mere commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the plannings, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
8. “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.” ― Lois Lowry, The Giver
9. “Reality should follow through on what I think it is going to do.” ― Allie Brosh, Hyperbole and a Half
10. “Simply put: time is fluid. The faster your world spins out of control, the slower time crawls. The more time you need, the less you’re sure to get. It’s all relative.” ― Shannon Lee Alexander, Love and Other Unknown Variables
And an honorable mention:
“I had tasted cake and there was no going back. My tiny body had morphed into a writhing mass of pure tenacity encased in a layer of desperation. I would eat all of the cake or I would evaporate from the sheer power of my desire to eat it…No one could tell me not to eat an entire cake—not my mom, not Santa, not God—no one. It was my cake and everyone else could go fuck themselves.” ― Allie Brosh, Hyperbole and a Half
What are some of your recent favorite book quotes? I would absolutely love to hear them! Let me know in the comments!