I was nominated by Magda over at Magic of Books. Thank you so much for the nomination! 🙂
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
- Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees, I would like for you to think of the light emanating from the stars, the ones that truly touch your soul with their work. The ones that are the light for you; a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
- Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions. Answer that first, then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator, and never change the Award rules.
- Please don’t delete this note: The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The Original Questions:
1. If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
As someone who writes, reads and acts, I definitely have to pick William Shakespeare for this. He is one of my favorite writers of all time, an absolute master of the craft, and he would be an incredibly fascinating man to meet.
2. What is your favourite book and why?
I have a sizable number of books that I completely adore; however, my absolute favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This is such a beautiful, powerful, and meaningful novel with vivid characters and important themes. This is a book that should definitely be read by everyone at least once in his or her life. To Kill a Mockingbird is a book that I can read over and over again and never get tired of. In fact, it gets better with each read, and I get even more out of the story during every experience with it.
3. Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
This was a pretty hard one to decide on because I love so many fictional characters. However, I think I would have to pick either Atticus Finch or Sherlock Holmes; I have to say both because I’ve been thinking about this for a while and there is absolutely no way I can choose between these two! They are both intelligent and remarkable men, and two of the best literary characters out there.
1. What is your favorite movie which takes place in space?
As a major sci-fi fan, I love a lot of movies that take place in space. However, I think I’ll have to stick with a classic and go with Star Wars. Really any of the Star Wars movies (except maybe The Phantom Menace) could fit here, but my favorites are the original trilogy. My all-time favorite is Return of the Jedi, though The Empire Strikes Back is an extremely close second. And just as an honorable mention, I have to bring up The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy; such a fantastic novel and movie!
2. If you could have any pet from any of the books you’ve read, what would it be?
For this, I think I would choose a direwolf from A Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series. They are beautiful and intelligent creatures that would make very loyal companions. And let’s face it, on the show, they are just plain adorable. Fierce…but still adorable.
3. What was the first book that kept you awake through the night?
I definitely have to go with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for this one. This was the first Harry Potter novel that I was old enough to read completely on my own, and I remember many a late night working my way through this multiple times because I loved it so much! Another one around this same time was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I spent my evening hours in either Narnia or Hogwarts!
Anna @ My Bookish Dream
Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek
Michelle @ Book Adventures
Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction
Leslie @ Confessions of a Bookaholic
Paige @ Page by Paige
1. Do you prefer series or standalone novels?
2. If you could live in any fictional world, which one would it be and why?
3. What book or series would you recommend to someone who says they don’t like to read, and why would you choose that book or series?