I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by four wonderful bloggers! ❤ Because of this, I am going to split this award into two posts, with two of the sets of questions that those bloggers provided me in each post.
I would like to thank Heather from The Sassy Book Geek and The Orang-utan Librarian for nominating me! They are both absolutely incredible book bloggers, so definitely take a minute to stop by their blogs and check them out! 🙂
-Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
-Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
-Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Random Facts About Me:
1. Even though I am not particularly good, I love playing video games. My favorite games are Skyrim (The Elder Scrolls in general, really), Alice Madness Returns, L.A. Noire, Portal 2…and pretty much any of the Lego games!
2. On the topic of video games, I am also a huge fan of the Nancy Drew video game series; I’ve been playing them since I was about seven or eight years old.
3. I really like to listen to polkas, mainly because they always cheer me up. You can’t listen to polka music with a frown! 🙂
4. I also absolutely love listening to film soundtracks or soundtrack style music.
5. Even though I have favorite genres to read, I’m not very picky when it comes to books. I will pretty much read anything I can get my hands on (whether I typically enjoy the genre or not), especially if someone recommends it to me…
6. …however, more often than not, I will refuse to pick up a novel that I know ahead of time involves a love triangle.
7. When I was in my mid-teens, I wrote a poem every day for two years…and now I have 700+ poems I don’t know what to do with! 😀
8. I hope to combine my two greatest passions and get the chance to write and direct my own films one day.
9. I also have a dream of working as a voice actor, particularly in video games.
10. I’m not into watching too many sports, but I am a massive baseball and tennis fan. And curling…curling is awesome!
11. On the topic of sports, I have sung with my choir at two MLB games!
1. If you could travel back in time, what time period would you travel to?
I would probably travel back to either the 1920s or the 1940s. They have always been my two favorite decades to learn about in history. I think I’d also enjoy traveling to the Victorian era.
2. What is your favorite book genre and why?
My favorite book genre (to read and to write!) is fantasy. I absolutely love the huge amount creativity in fantasy novels, and they really put your imagination to work. It is the best feeling in the world to open up a book and fall into a fantasy world, and live there for a bit.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring one book with you, which book would you bring?
This is insanely difficult to answer, mainly because, typical me, when you tell me to choose between a certain number of things, I will always narrow it down to one more than that! That’s why I’ve come up with either To Kill a Mockingbird, my favorite book, or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, my second favorite. These are two books that I can read an endless amount of times and never get tired of them. I guess if I really had to choose just one, I’d probably go with To Kill a Mockingbird. 🙂
4. What’s the worst book you’ve ever read and why was it so bad?
I have been very lucky and I’ve actually not read all that many really bad books. However, I do have a tendency to go to the library and just grab random things I find without knowing much about them; it’s a good way to discover new books, but not always good books. Case in point, I picked up a book: Gamer Girl by Mari Mancusi. This had an incredibly interesting concept, but it was not executed well at all. I found the storyline to be very cliché throughout and extremely predictable. The worst part for me, however, was the writing itself; it was not at all polished and the author kept using the same descriptions and phrases, repeatedly and in very close proximity.
5. Do you read hardcover/paperback copies of books or do you use an eReader and why do you prefer them?
I definitely prefer to read physical books over e-books, though e-books have grown on me over the years. I completely understand the practicality of eReaders, especially for someone like me who buys far too many books! And they really come in handy when traveling. But absolutely nothing can compare to the feeling of holding a physical book while you read, and seeing them all lined up together on your shelves. So currently, the majority of my personal library is made up of hardcover/paperback copies.
6. What’s your favorite type of music and your favorite artist in that genre?
My favorite type of music is alternative and my favorite band of all-time is Panic at the Disco, though Muse is a very close second.
7. If you could travel to any fictional place in a book where would you want to go?
Narnia! That is by far my favorite fictional world that I have ever come across.
8. What Hogwarts House were you sorted into (on Pottermore)? If you don’t know then which one do you think you’d be in?
This is always my favorite question to ask people! 😀 I’m a proud Ravenclaw!
9. If you could meet one author who would it be?
This was very tough to decide on. I think I would really like to meet either Neil Gaiman, Harper Lee, or J.K. Rowling. They are the authors who have had some of the biggest impacts on both my reading and writing, and it would be fascinating to get to speak with them. If I could choose anyone from throughout history however, I might have to choose either Arthur Conan Doyle or William Shakespeare.
10. If you had the chance to wipe your memory and reread a book series, which series would you want to re-experience?
This is difficult because I instantly want to say Harry Potter; however, I know that experience would never be quite the same without being able to also experience the wait for new installments of the books and movies. Because of that, I think I might actually have to go with The Chronicles of Narnia instead. I would love to get another chance to discover Narnia for the first time!
11. What is your biggest, bookish pet peeve?
I have two: one about the content of books and the other about the physical books themselves. My biggest, bookish pet peeve content-wise is overuse of angst-inducing tropes, like love triangles/squares/hexagons (I’m sorry, but I hate these with a passion!). My biggest pet peeve in terms of physical books is when someone does not take care of a book you lend out to them.
The Orang-utan Librarian’s Questions:
1. What’s your favourite board game?
It’s a toss up between Life and Clue; those were two that I grew up playing with my family a lot, so I have fond memories of both!
2. What’s your favourite place to go in your own city?
I live in a very rural, relatively small city, so there are not a lot of places to go specifically in my city. However, I have a number of really beautiful parks and walking trails near me that are wonderful to go to. And I live in a really peaceful neighborhood, so it’s also nice to just spend time walking around the area. 🙂
3. Ever had a vivid dream? What happened?
I used to remember my dreams all the time, but I haven’t been able to for a number of years. I know that I have had vivid dreams in the past, but I can’t remember any of them specifically at this point. I’m upset that I can’t recall them any more because I always used to have insanely weird dreams!
4. How do you take your tea/coffee?
Tea either without anything, or with just a spoonful or two of sugar. Coffee with a bit of milk or cream (not too much) and slightly more sugar than the tea! 😀
5. Do you prefer reading or writing? (I know, pretty cruel question)
That is a very difficult question! I guess I would have to go with reading, just because it is something that I can keep up for longer periods of time more easily. Reading is something that I can use to escape from reality and relax. But getting my ideas written down and creating my own worlds is incredibly important to me as well!
6. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
My biggest collection of anything is books. However, aside from books, I collect Funko POP figurines! I also have a collection of snowglobes from all over the world.
7. What’s your favourite day of the week?
Wednesday. Choir rehearsal night! Saturdays aren’t too shabby either.
8. Do you hate any songs? If so, which ones?
I have a very eclectic taste in music, so I don’t often hate songs. However, I do hate the song Rude by Magic. I don’t know why, but that song just really gets on my nerves…and sadly stuck in my head way too easily. There are probably a few others, but I can’t think of anything specific at the moment.
9. What’s your favourite item of clothing?
T-shirts. The majority of my wardrobe consists of t-shirts.
10. Tell the nearest person “happy unbirthday”
I didn’t have a nearest person since I’m by myself at the moment, so I said it to my dog. He literally just stared at me like I was insane, then sighed really loudly and went back to sleep…
11. What came first the chicken or the egg? (There is actually a correct answer to this).
I have always been fairly certain it was the egg. Because it’s most likely that eggs were laid and eventually, through evolution, the creatures that hatched from them became what we know as chickens…shut up Ari, you’re getting way too sciencey. I’m not sure…but I have made up my mind! 😀
Lashaan and Trang @ Bookidote
El @ What El Read
Panda @ Panda’s Books
Sophie @ Sophie the Bookworm
Lucia @ Making Days Better
Nicole @ Awayinneverland
Traci @ Read Hot Reviews
1. What are the top three best books you read in 2015?
2. Where is your favorite reading spot?
3. Do you have a favorite tradition with a family member/friend/significant other?
4. What fictional character would you most like to have as a best friend?
5. What are your favorite television series?
6. Do you like to play video games? If so, which one is your favorite?
7. Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?
8. What are your favorite book covers?
9. What films are you most looking forward to watching in 2016?
10. Who are your top three auto-buy authors?
11. Who is your favorite superhero and who is your favorite super villain?