I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by four wonderful bloggers! ❤ Because of this, I am going to split this award into two posts, with two of the sets of questions that those bloggers provided me in each post. This is the second part; to see the first part, click here!
I would like to thank Ashleigh from A Frolic Through Fiction and Nova from Confessions of a Literary Addict for nominating me! They are both fantastic book bloggers, so please take a minute to stop by their blogs and check them out! 🙂
-Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
-Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
-Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Random Facts About Me:
1. I mentioned in the first part of this post that I am a (pretty bad) gamer, and that one of my favorite games is Skyrim. However, this week I started playing Fallout: New Vegas and that may now be tied for my favorite. I have basically become a complete Bethesda nerd! 🙂
2. My favorite films to watch are action films. I also love watching Indie films and old noir films.
3. I am a major Hitchcock fan, and my favorite movie is Rear Window, though Rebecca is a very close second.
4. Puns tend to crack me up way more than they probably should. Take this one for example. I saw this online the other day and completely lost it:
5. My top three favorite dog breeds are Huskies, Pitbulls, and Catahoula Leopard Dogs…and my dog happens to be a mix of all three! 🙂
6. On the topic of favorite animal breeds, I love Ragdoll cats.
7. I think llamas are awesome!
8. I have a long-held dream of one day going to Comic-Con, either San Diego or New York…
9. …speaking of which, I don’t outwardly fangirl very often, but sometimes, something can really get me going and then…
10. I would totally fangirl if I went to Comic-Con.
11. I once fell out a window into a bush because I leaned back thinking the window was closed.
1. What are your three favourite books?
This is an extremely difficult question! To make it a bit easier, I’m going to just choose standalone novels. To Kill a Mockingbird is definitely my favorite book of all time (though this should come as no surprise at this point!). For my other two favorites I’d have to choose The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle and And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
2. (Since it’s nearing Christmas and I’m feeling festive) Do you have any sort of routine you carry out on Christmas Eve?
I sing in a choir, so on Christmas Eve, we have a night full of singing Christmas services. We start out with just my group at an early evening service, and then we all go have a Christmas Eve dinner together. After, we come back and join up with the younger groups and any choristers who have left but are back in town for the holidays and sing the major, late night service. By the time we are done, it’s usually Christmas morning. This is, in my opinion, the most beautiful night of the year!
3. What is your favourite Disney film?
This is a difficult one since I absolutely love every one that I’ve seen! But I have to go with Cinderella. This was always a favorite of mine since I was a little kid, and then I got to act in a production of it, which gives it a very fond place in my heart. The non-Disney version of the story is also my favorite story to read retellings based off of. The Little Mermaid is another favorite of mine as well.
4. When was the last time you went to the cinema, and what did you watch?
It has been way too long since the last time I was there! I’m pretty sure the last movie I went out to see was Ant-Man (of course it would be a Marvel film!). Hopefully I can rectify this lack of movie watching soon because there are a bunch of new releases I want to go see!
5. What is your favourite food?
Pizza. I am completely addicted to pizza! It is the one food that I can eat over and over again and absolutely never get tired of.
6. Which Hogwarts house are you in?
7. What month is your birthday in?
8. What is your favourite genre of book?
My favorite genre to read, and to write for that matter, is fantasy. I also love thriller and science fiction novels as well, again, both for reading and writing.
9. Describe yourself in one word.
10. How long have you been running your blog for?
I’ve been running it for a little over three months and have been loving every second of it! In that short time, I have met so many incredible people and have found tons of fellow book nerds to chat with. Creating a book blog is an idea that I’ve been toying with for a long time, and I am so happy that I finally went ahead and did it!
11. If you could play any instrument, which would it be?
I’ve played a number of instruments over the years, and I am definitely more of a fan of singing than anything. However, I really would like to go back to playing violin one day; specifically I would like to start playing electric violin!
1. What’s one TV show or movie adaptation you like more than the book?
It is definitely a very rare thing for me to like a TV or film adaptation more than a book. However, one film that I much preferred to the book was Prince Caspian. The Chronicles of Narnia is an overall fantastic series, but it is the weakest of the novels; however, the movie was absolutely fantastic.
2. Favorite place to read?
Typically my favorite place to read is in my room, curled up in my bed that preferably has my dog on it 🙂
3. What is one book you will always recommend?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (is anyone really surprised at this point?). If you haven’t read it, read it! If you have read it, read it again! If you don’t want to read it…
Read it anyway! 🙂
4. How many books are currently on your TBR list/shelves?
Um…too many! *ahem*555 on Goodreads*ahem*
5. What’s one of your hobbies? (Besides reading, if that’s your main hobby)
At the moment, my main hobbies, aside from reading, would be writing and singing.
6. What’s your favorite flavor (of anything)?
Chocolate. Chocolate is amazing.
7. Do you have an OTP? What book/show are they from?
I don’t really have a particular OTP from any books or shows. If I had to pick one, I might say Marko and Alana from Saga for book (graphic novel) OTP, or Niles and Daphne from Frasier for television show OTP.
8. Do you have any phobias?
I am a definite germophobe. And I’m not sure I have a full-blown phobia of them, but I’m pretty freaked out by bugs!
9. What’s something you really want to accomplish?
One of the main things I really want to accomplish is the completion of one of my novels that I am working on to the point where I can begin to query it! Also, as an aspiring filmmaker as well, I would one day love to get the chance to see my work come to life 🙂
10. Movies or TV shows — which do you prefer watching?
This is a tricky one! It is sort of similar to how I feel about series versus standalone novels. I love the fact that TV shows give you a longer period of time to connect with characters and become involved in their lives. However, I also really love watching movies and seeing a complete story (or at least most of one if there are multiple installments) all in one go; that is sometimes more satisfying, at least upfront. If I had to choose, I might say I prefer movies slightly just because they are easier to get through when you have limited time.
11. Where have you always wanted to visit?
I have always wanted to travel to Iceland. It looks like an absolutely beautiful and interesting place, and I’d love to see the northern lights. I would also love to climb a volcano; that would be awesome!
Emma @ The Terror of Knowing
Loreva @ La Book Dreamer
Fran @ Nightjar’s Jar of Books
Alicia @ The Cyborg Knight
Jessica @ The Awkward Book Blogger
Kimsiang @ The Spines Breaker
Victoria @ The Petite Book Blogger
Bree @ The Literary Hellion
Ana @ Ana Reyhs
Jasmin @ Book Corners
1. What are the top three best books you read in 2015?
2. Where is your favorite reading spot?
3. Do you have a favorite tradition with a family member/friend/significant other?
4. What fictional character would you most like to have as a best friend?
5. What are your favorite television series?
6. Do you like to play video games? If so, which one is your favorite?
7. Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?
8. What are your favorite book covers?
9. What films are you most looking forward to watching in 2016?
10. Who are your top three auto-buy authors?
11. Who is your favorite superhero and who is your favorite super villain?